Links of Interest

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Movie Review: Julie and Julia

This probably should have been up a long while ago, but you know how life can be, I'm sure. Since I took my time to read the book, I figured that it was only fair to watch the movie and review it as well.


This movie stars Amy Adams and Meryl Streep as Julie and Julia, respectively. I'm a fan of both actresses and I adore their movies. I will admit that when I first heard Meryl Streep speak in the movie, it threw me for a loop. I definitely wasn't expecting Julia to speak that way, I guess. I had to do a little more research on the real Julia Child to realize that she did a very good job at portraying Julia.

I enjoyed having a more indepth look at Julia Child herself and getting to know her and understanding how Julie and Julia were comparable. I have to say I like reading a whole lot, but I believe that the movie was better than the book. This is one case where the movie had more information than the book. Julie was almost exactly how I imagined her in the book with her bouts of rage and a fight with her husband. While watching Eric's reactions on film, I felt that he was much more assertive than in the book.


I'm usually a big advocate for reading books before watching movies, but I think in this case, either would suffice and you'd get a different perspective in both mediums. The book is more centered on Julie whereas, the movie is more  centered on Julia.


Overall, I give this movie a rating of 5 out of 5 stars! 


Thank you for reading,

Crys


To purchase this movie, follow the link below:
Julie & Julia : DVD
Julie & Julia : [Blu-ray]

No comments:

Post a Comment