Links of Interest

Monday, December 16, 2013

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling



About the Book:

It's Harry's second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and the Dursleys have been so horrible to Harry that all he can think about is getting back to Hogwarts and to his best friends Ron and Hermione. Just as the time starts getting closer, he receives an ominous warning from a house elf named Dobby. Dobby tells Harry Potter that if he returns to school that something disastrous would happen.

Harry ignores Dobby's warnings and manages to get to Hogwarts only to find that the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Gilderoy Lockhart, is a complete snob; Ron Weasley's little sister Ginny has a crush on him, and he discoveres a spirit that haunts the girl's bathroom named Moaning Myrtle.

These are minor compared to the someone or something that starts terrorizing the school by petrifying some of the occupants of Hogwarts Castle. Could this someone be Malfoy, a boy who seems rather evil and a rival of Harry's; could it be Hagrid with his love of the most beastly beasts in the magical world, or could it be Harry Potter himself?


My Thoughts:

I'm a big fan of Harry Potter, but I have a confession... I haven't read all the books. So,  I decided to start reading them and seeing if they change my view from the movies. The movie based on this book follows along so well with the book with just a few minor details changed around a bit and they're not even noticeable really. I enjoyed reading about Gilderoy Lockhart even though I really wouldn't like to meet him in person. He's really full of himself and thinks he knows everything there is to know about magic.... the actor in the movie portrayed Lockhart really well. You get to know more about Ron and his family. Ron's family seems to be the kind of family I would like to know and be friends with, unlike Harry's aunt, uncle, and cousin. I enjoyed every part of this book and I wouldn't mind reading this book over and over again. If you're like me and have just mainly watched the movies, then I highly suggest that you read the books as well.

Overall, I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars.

You can purchase this book by clicking the links below.

E-book version



Print Paperback version

No comments:

Post a Comment