Links of Interest

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green




About The Book

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

My Thoughts

This is the first and only book that I've read by John Green. Some people might be astounded by that fact, and I can now see why. The Fault in Our Stars is beautifully written and I've fallen in love with Hazel and Gus. I even like Gus's friend Isaac. These characters are teenagers afflicted with a horrible thing called cancer, but they don't let that stop them from living or loving. They enjoy their lives even though they know that their days are numbered... because they know their days are numbered. I think that's what I like most about this book. The characters just keep living the best way they can and that's all you can ask of anyone. It was refreshing to read a book about people with cancer that isn't all about the fact that they have cancer. I do understand why a few people have said that they didn't really like the characters of this book. They said that Hazel and Gus were too pretentious and didn't act like any teenager they knew. I disagree with that assessment. Hazel and Gus are lovers of words. They love to read books and it would make sense that they'd love to use the words that they've learned from books. They aren't like other teenagers because they're more interested in books written by older people with more sophisticated vocabulary than most teenagers possess. I believe that Hazel and Gus would love reading the books that a lot of teenagers hate to read these days such as classics by Charles Dickens and Jane Austen. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves YA romance novels and to anyone who is a lover of words.



Overall, I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars. 

You can purchase this book by clicking the links below.

E-book Version










Print Hardcover Version


No comments:

Post a Comment