Links of Interest

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Book Review: Pretty Little Liars #1 by Sara Shepard





About The Book


Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by someone in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back?


My Thoughts


I didn't used to be into this murder mystery/crime story genre, but after I watched a bit of the Pretty Little Liars show and found out that it was based on a series of novels, I just had to check out the books! I'm in love with the books as well as the show! The author does a great job with introducing each character and you can differentiate between the characters really well. They each have their own thing going on and they have their own distinct personalities. The only real thing they seem to have in common is that they were friends with Alison DiLaurentis. It's very suspenseful and I just had to keep turning the pages to see what havoc A would cause next. The characters are so life-like that I wonder what it would be like to be friends with these girls.... it would probably be terrifying if I started to receive weird texts from an anonymous person though. The story flows along smoothly and I can keep up with what's going on with all these characters. I will say that the show is a bit different from these books because some of the traits that are found in the books about Aria Montgomery, Hannah Marin, Spencer  Hastings, and Emily Fields are different in the show. I don't believe that this causes any problems with the story in either medium though. I'm sure anyone who enjoys the books will enjoy the TV show and vice versa.  I recommend this book to anyone who loves mystery/crime novels and to anyone who likes reading books about teenage girls.


Overall, I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars.


You can purchase this book by clicking the links below.



E-book Version






Print Paperback Version

No comments:

Post a Comment